Hello

Thanks for stopping by. If you are an expectant mother or father contemplating adoption please read more about us below.

If you are a friend or family member of someone considering adoption please send them here.

We are a family created by adoption and are hoping for a baby to complete our family. You can contact us at anytime. Drop us a note at jamesandlila@live.com

Welcome

My name is Lila and I’m married to James. We are hoping to adopt again.

I have written and rewritten this and feel like a used car salesman. I am not a salesman. So, I’m taking a deep breath and trying a different approach. I’m imagining what I would tell you if you were sitting on my front porch with me. 

Our story began 11 years ago. James and I met at a party where he asked for my phone number and then never called. We ran into each other again socially and I gave him the cold shoulder. He apologized and confessed that he couldn’t call me because he didn’t own a phone. I asked him why he even asked for my number if there was no way he could call me. He said he wanted me to know he was interested in me. And that is a perfect example of the charm that is James.

After some begging on his part I finally agreed to go on a date with him. We went to dinner, played cards, and talked for hours. I am quite reserved by nature but I wasn’t with James. I felt comfortable with him-like I had always known him. We were engaged three months later and married five months after that.

James is the complete opposite of me. He is an outgoing, laid back, life of the party type guy. He is funny and has a great laugh. James enjoys barbecuing, playing pool and watching football. He has a kind, generous heart and loves his family. He is one of the hardest working people I know and provides a good life for his family. He stays busy with his company which is his other baby. James hopes to buy some property at the lake in the near future so we can spend time unwinding and creating new traditions for our family.

As noted above, I am pretty reserved until I get to know someone. I would much rather be in a small group setting than a large party. I love to read and laugh. I am currently a stay at home Mom who wants to do a good job raising my kids and finish college on the side. I am also in the beginning stages of a running program and I hope to be able to run a 5K in October or die trying. My family is my greatest priority and greatest blessing. I enjoy being the memory maker for my kids. Things like baking cookies and playing games with them bring me much happiness.